I admit it: autumn takes away the mild evenings, the days by the lake and the airy summer dresses. But he generously compensates us for this. With a little more cosiness, varying weather and recipes packed with autumnal delicacies. Hello pumpkin, hello cinnamon and above all: hello warm breakfast in all variations. We missed you!
We start the season with Pumpkin Spice Granola. It convinced us, because it comes without refined sugar and is completely vegan. Good fats and fibre make the granola perfectly healthy and help your body to stay fit despite the cold season.
Pumpkin Spice Granola – Crunch from our own oven.
- sprinkle it over your yoghurt,
- stir it into the warm porridge in the morning,
- use as topping for fruit salad,
- refine your muesli with it
- or just enjoy it with some plant milk.
- 50 g chopped hazelnuts
- 20 g pumpkin seeds
- 20 g sunflower seeds
- 100 g coarse grain flakes (e.g. spelt, oats or multi-grain)
- 100 g puffed quinoa
- 30 g linseed
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of cloves
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C (fan-assisted oven) and cover a baking tray with baking sheets.
- Combine hazelnuts, seeds, cereal flakes, quinoa and linseed in a bowl.
- Mix spices and salt in a bowl.
- Carefully heat maple syrup and coconut oil in a pan until it liquefies. Then add the spice mixture and let it heat up a little (hmmm, the smell).
- Pour the liquid contents from the pan over the dry ingredients in the bowl and stir carefully. Everything should be well covered.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the baking tray and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Short break to loosen up! Stir the granola well on the baking tray. Make sure that everything is evenly distributed again before you put the tray back in the oven for about 15 minutes. The granola should not be darkly burnt at the end of the baking time, but slightly browned and crispy. Keep an eye on it, because baking times can vary depending on the oven.
- Leave to cool completely, break it up if necessary and keep it airtight.