You want to feel summer on your tongue even in winter? That is very easy with this delicious drink, for which you only need a handful of fresh berries. The self-made raspberry-syrup filled in a pretty bottle will make for the wow-effect at your home-bar. You don´t have syrup? Then create a reminder for next summer – it´s always worth it to conserve berries when they have been freshly picked.
This Raspberry Gin Fizz is the proof that raspberries work like a charm, even outside of a mojito! Get a few friends together and celebrate the tradition of enjoying the cocktail hour before dinner. Alternatively, this fruity Raspberry Gin Fizz also tastes great as a tipsy dessert with summer-feeling. With our recipe, this cocktail is guaranteed to work out!
4 for 1 serving
- ice cubes
- 5 cl gin
- 1 tablespoon of raspberry-syrup (it tastes best if you make it yourself – see the box below)
- 1 small lemon
- 1 egg (will make the drink viscid)
- sparkling water
- 5 raspberries
- 1 stem of thyme
- Put 3-4 ice cubes in a cocktail glass
- Fill half of a cocktail shaker with ice cubes
- Add the exact amounts of gin and syrup to the shaker
- Squeeze the lemon and add the juice to the shaker
- Separate the egg and add the egg white to the shaker
- Shake vigorously and strain the liquid into the glass
- Add sparkling water
- Add thyme and raspberries as decoration to the glass
Summer-To-Do: Cook raspberry-syrup
For self-made raspberry-syrup, you will need a lot of raspberries. Either buy frozen ones or wait until summer, when you can freshly pick them from the field. For one bottle of syrup, you will need 180 grams of raspberries and one kilogram of sugar, as well as some water in a pot, heated at a low temperature. Stir occasionally. After about 10 minutes, strain the liquid either through a cloth or a fine sieve directly into a freshly and hotly cleaned bottle. Then close the lid tightly.