Limonana is a drink that would particularly appeal to the cute Minions because of the way it sounds, but does not contain any banana at all. Instead, the name is composed of the Hebrew words for lemon and mint - a delicious fusion! Very refreshing and tasty, perfect for a little cooling down in between.
In Middle Eastern countries, limonana accompanies falafel and hummus or is served as a refreshment in the afternoon. Instead of using only still water as usual, we add a portion of sparkling water to our FLSK version for that extra freshness boost.
Please note: If you prefer a more discreet look, you should stay away from the Limonana, because it is screaming green when freshly prepared. A real eye-catcher!
That' s what you need for 2 servings:
- 1 handful of mint leaves
- 1 lime
- 2 lemons
- 300 ml still water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ice cubes
- 300 ml water with a lot of gas or soda
- Ice cubes and sprigs of mint
It's that simple:
- Wash mint leaves and pluck them from the stem.
- Squeeze lime and lemons.
- Put sugar in a container with the still water and stir to dissolve.
- Blend sugar water, lemon and lime juice, mint leaves and ice cubes for about one minute on high speed. Depending on the blender strength, small pieces of the mint may remain visible, which is perfectly fine.
- Pour soda water and serve with more ice cubes and a sprig of mint per glass.